Thought about cooking-goat-meat? I love roasted goat in winter for Sunday dinner, and as I also like Indian food this just hits the spot.
I also make Bombay style potatoes and some Indian vegetables, and a nice lentil dhal sauce to go with it all. With some fresh naan or other Indian bread this is perfect winter meal. This also goes well in summer with salads.
How to make your Indian Roast Goat-Meat-Recipe
1. Preheat your oven to (190C)
2. Use a sharp knife and make some small incisions around the goat leg. I sometimes put tiny slivers of garlic inside each incision
3. Put the goat leg into lightly oiled roasting pan
4. Drizzle the virgin olive oil over the goat leg
5. Season the outside of the leg with salt and freshly ground black pepper
6. Put the pan into the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
7. Mix the yoghurt, crushed garlic, grated ginger, cumin, cinnamon and garam masala and stir until well mixed
8. Remove the goat from the oven and coat the meat with the spicy yoghurt mixture.
9. Place back in the oven for 20 minutes. Brush the meat with the mixture every 7-8 minutes
10. Take out of the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes
11. Slice the goat into thin slices and serve Are you cooking-goat-meat tonight?
Caldereta is a Spanish-style dish eaten in the Phillipines. You can get spicy seasoning mixes ready made for use in caldereta. This recipe is similar to many and a variation. The liver mix makes all the difference. Are you cooking-goat-meat?
How to Make Caldereta Goat-Meat-Recipe
1. Put the cubed meat into a bowl and mix with the minced garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper. Place in frig for 60 minutes to marinate.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan and gently brown the garlic.
3. Remove the garlic from the pan and then saute the onion and the tomatoes
4. Drain marinade and reserve then add in the goat meat and seasonings (use the seasoning mix if available).
5. When party cooked, transfer the mixture into a deeper pan
6. Add in the stock until the mixture is covered
7. Gently cook until the goat meat is nearly tender, stir frequently
8. Add in the potatoes, and continue cooking.
9 When goat meat and the vegetables are tender, add in the liver mixture to thicken the gravy or sauce, and also add in the bell pepper.
10. Add in the peas and ham
11. Garnish with the egg slices and some chopped ham.
Liver Mixture for Caldereta - Gently fry 2 lamb or goat livers and process it in food processor, then add 2 tbsps bread crumbs, 2 tbsps white vinegar, 1 cup vegetable stock and 1 tsp sugar. Mix the ingredients and then strain into the caldereta mixture. Are you cooking-goat-meat?