Curry-Goat-Jamaican-Recipe – Another Easy Version
I just love this easy recipe and its a classic Jamaican recipe, where goat is one of the very favorite meats. Getting good kid meat is essential for this recipe as the older goat meat isn't as tender and soft. It can be a bit hot and spicy so you can tone down the chillies if necessary
The method for making this is very easy and will not stretch even the most basic of cooks, so follows and take your time. Don't forget to use glove when chopping the chillies.
1. Cut the goat meat into cubes and place into a bowl,
2. Season the meat with the salt, black pepper and the curry powder, garlic, tomatoes, onions, scallion and the red-hot-chili-peppers
3. Place the mixture into the frig and marinate for 2 hours
4. Separate the seasonings from the meat and then gently fry the meat in the butter and oil
5. Cook until meat is very lightly browned. Don’t burn it as that will ruin the flavours
6. Add in water to cover the meat and bring to boiling.
7. Reduce the heat and then cover the sauce pan. Slowly simmer until the meat is nice and tender. Add in more water as required
8. Add in the marinade seasonings, then cover the saucepan and simmer
9. Simmer for another 10 minutes and cook the seasonings are absorbed into the juice