It just happens that Indian cuisine is my favorite type of food. This curry-goat recipe is very easy to prepare. Contrary to popular belief, Indian food is not about hot and spicy, or a way of disguising poor quality meats.
It is very much about subtle blends of flavor, and you can use and make a fine meal out of goat meat. This recipe was given by and developed with my various Indian friends over many years and it just works so well and pleases just about everyone. You will not be disappointed!
1. Heat the ghee in a large sauce pan, and very gently fry the onion, garlic, curry leaves, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick and ginger until it is soft and golden. Stir well. The secret of good curry is very slow cooking at this stage.
2. Add in the curry powder, the optional chilli powder and stir for one minute, ensure that ghee and powder all mix with the onions.
3. Add in the salt, the tomatoes and then gently cook to a nice bubbling pulp. Stir well and continuously .
4. Add in the goat meat pieces and stir well to coat the goat-meat with the mixture.
5. Cover and then simmer on s very low heat for around 45 minutes or until the meat is tender. Don’t overcook!
6. Stir regularly and ensure that the mixture does not stick and burn on pan base.
7. Stir in garam masala 5 minutes from the end
8. Take off stove and let sit for 5 mins to cool down a little
9. Stir in the yoghurt, return to stove top and simmer for 5 minutes uncovered.
10. Sprinkle with fresh coriander (Cilantro)