We know you can cook Jamaican curry goat recipe in a stew, roasted, BBQ or kebob but in Jamaica the curried goat rules supreme.
Jamaican curry powder has coriander seeds, black peppercorns, cardamom pods, fenugreek seeds, cinnamon stick, ground ginger and ground turmeric
These recipes are simply delicious so enjoy them.
1. Cut the goat meat into bite sized cubes
2. Wash the goat meat with the vinegar and water.
3. Rub the seasonings into the goat meat. Place in the refrigerator for 60 minutes
4. Take the meat out and take off the seasoning, save seasonings.
5. Heat the oil in a saucepan at high temperature until it starts to smoke
6. Add in the curry powder slowly and stir in until the oil color changes
7. Add in the goat meat and stir for around 2 minutes, stir frequently so that it does not burn and just seals the meat
8. Add in around 1 oz. of water to the pot, and keep stirring. The meat muscle tissue will start to tighten up
9. Reduce the stove heat to medium and add in 2 cups of water
10. Place a cover on the pot and then simmer for 20 minutes.
11. Stir the meat and enough water to cover the meat
12. Simmer for a further 20 minutes, until meat is medium soft in texture
13. Add in the seasonings you removed and simmer for 15 minutes on low to medium heat
14. Cook slowly with lid off until water reduces to a thick gravy like consistency