Do you like Jamaican-Curry-Goat? While this dish was once only for big celebrations it is good at anytime and I just love this version. The lime adds something and the sauce is delicious! Jamaican curry powder has coriander seeds, black peppercorns, cardamom pods, fenugreek seeds, cinnamon stick, ground ginger and ground turmeric
1. Squeeze the lime juice all over the goat meat cubes
2. Place in frig and let stand for 5-10 mins
3. Rinse the meat in cold water and drain off excess water
4. Put the goat meat into a sealable plastic container.
5. Add in the onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, thyme, and the Scotch bonnet chili pepper.
6. Rub the spices into the goat meat (you will need rubber gloves)
7. Place in the frig to marinate for 2 hours uncovered
8. Heat the oil and sugar slowly in a large saucepan. Stir and heat until the sugar starts to brown, don’t burn it.
9. Add in the goat along with the marinade, green onions and the curry powder
10. Stir the mixture thoroughly.
11. Cover the pot, and reduce to a low heat. Simmer the goat in its own juices, and stir every 5 minutes
12. Cook for around 30 minutes until the goat meat is tender.
13. Add in the potatoes and ¼ cup of water and stir in thoroughly.
14. Cover the saucepan and simmer for another 15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked but still firm in texture.