Do you like Jamaican Curry Goat? While this dish was once only for big celebrations it is good at anytime and I just love this version and we make it at home all the time. The lime adds something special and the sauce is nothing short of super delicious! Jamaican curry powder has coriander seeds, black peppercorns, cardamom pods, fenugreek seeds, cinnamon stick, ground ginger and ground turmeric
1. Squeeze the lime juice all over the goat meat cubes,
2. Place in frig and let it stand for around 10 mins
3. Rinse the meat in cold water and drain off all the excess water
4. Place the goat meat into a resealable plastic container.
5. Add in the onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, thyme, and the Scotch bonnet chili pepper.
6. Rub the spices into the goat meat (you will need rubber gloves) so as not to get to much chili burn
7. Place in the frig to marinate for 2 hours uncovered
8. Heat the oil and sugar slowly in a large saucepan. Stir and heat until the sugar starts to brown, don’t burn it though
9. Add in the goat meat along with the marinade, green onions and the curry powder
10. Stir the mixture very thoroughly so meat is well coated
11. Cover the pot, and reduce to a low heat. Simmer the goat in its own juices, and stir every 5 minutes so it doesn't stick to the pan bottom
12. Cook for around 30 minutes or until the goat meat is nice and tender.
13. Add in the potatoes and ¼ cup of water and stir in thoroughly.
14. Cover the saucepan and simmer for another 15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked but still firm in texture.
15. Crush some of the potatoes cubes and stir in to thicken the sauce.