There are many sources of Goats Wanted NSW information, from rural newspapers to online sales websites, online stock auction websites and a variety of goat classifieds. There are also Facebook Marketplace groups that are also a good place to buy and sell goats or inform prospective buyers. In Australia Gumtree is a good place to look. If you want to place your Goats Wanted advert then you can find a local newspaper classified then list it, or spend money and post in The Land newspaper or other state based agricultural newspaper. Some even head to eBay and Craigslist to buy goats. But buyer beware as well seller beware. Don’t part with any hard earned cash until you set eyes on the goat, check it out health wise and don’t pay a deposit for a goat that may not even exist, as the scammers are all out there and active. I also suggest you post email addresses only, do not put out your phone number.
So you are buying a new goat, or goats. Make sure you have inspected the goats thoroughly. Check its age (teeth check), check the hooves for trim and any smell of infection. Don't buy animals with deformed and bad hooves. Check and find out when it was last drenched and what drench make was used. Check when it was vaccinated and what with.
When I buy I prefer to drench against parasites at least 24 hours before transport, most sellers will undertake to do it. When you transport and arrive at your farm, quarantine the goats for at least 7 days and observe, before placing with the main herd. After it goes in the herd, monitor daily for signs of scouring as it adjusts to the new pasture.
If you are posting your goats wanted can I ask you to follow some simple rules.
1. PLEASE DON'T TYPE IN ALL CAPITALS or in BOLD as it will not be posted.
2. Don't use any HTML code within your post as it will be deleted, that no inserting links to YouTube or other websites.
2. Please don't use bad language or profanity as it will not be posted. Hard to believe that people would do that in a goat advert but sadly it is true.
3. To post your advert, please at least use a first name and location with your email address in the notification page, so you will get a message when someone leaves a comment. Don’t include telephone number in the body text of the advert but it’s your choice.
4. You need to insert a couple of sentences describing your specific goats wanted. Breed, sex, age, and anything else that you are after. If you insert just a couple of words using text style message or short form SMS language the system will reject it.
5. Don't Spam the site with multiple advert submissions, none get posted and you will end up banned.
6. Please insert the date when posting your advert. I will delete all adverts after 3 months.
If your Goats Wanted advert has less than 30 words it will get rejected. If it has no name, email and/or phone number it will get rejected.
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...